The new XgardIQ, our most intelligent fixed-point gas detector, increases safety by minimising the time operators must spend hazardous areas.This versatile transmitter and gas detector has a range of features that protect engineers and support facilities managers of oil, gas, chemical & petrochemical plants to name a few.
Available fitted with a variety of flammable, toxic or oxygen gas sensors. (SIL-2) Safety integrity level 2 certified gas detector.
XgardIQ is an intelligent and versatile gas detector and transmitter compatible with Crowcon’s full range of sensor technologies. Available fitted with a variety of flammable, toxic or oxygen gas sensors.
Providing analogue 4-20mA and RS-485 Modbus signals as standard, XgardIQ is optionally available with Alarm and Fault relays and HART communications. The 316 stainless steel are available with three M20 or 1/2“NPT cable entries.
(SIL-2) Safety integrity level 2 certified gas detector.
Easy and safe to use
- OLED display – Bright, clear display indicates gas level and detector status even in dark locations
- Non-intrusive calibration – Zero and calibration functions are performed via the display and keypad, without the need for a hot-work permit or any special tools (e.g. no magnetic wand required)
- +ve Safety indicator – Confirms the detector is operating safely at a glance
- Event log function – Stores all alarm, fault and maintenance events to provide a history of detector use
- Remote sensor – Improves probability of detection
Simple installation and maintenance
- Universal transmitter – Common transmitter for Crowcon’s full range of sensor technologies
- Hot-swap sensor modules – Sensors can easily be replaced using one hand without requiring tools or a hot-work permit
- Auto-sense function – Automatically detects whether the control system is 4-20mA current sink or source and sets itself appropriately, eliminating the risk of being incorrectly set
- Auto-configure function – Detects when a sensor module is plugged-in and uploads the appropriate gas type, range, units and alarm levels
- Smart Bump and Speedy Bump test functions – Enable sensor health and response to be verified quickly and easily using test gas. Process is automated and provides a reminder when a bump test is due
- Calibration due warning – Reminds the user when calibration is due to ensure that sensors remain operational and accurate at all times
- Sensor range selection – User can set the full-scale range of the sensor via the display menu according to site or specific location requirements.
|Size||H278 x W140 x D89mm (10.9 x 5.5 x 3.5 in)|
|Enclosure material||316 stainless steel|
|Connection||Three M20 or ½”NPT cable gland entries.Certified, removable plugs are fitted to left-hand and lower righthand entries|
|Power||14-30 VDC. <4W|
|Display||Main display – OLED 128 x 64 pixels, yellow text on black background
Indicators – Amber, Red and Green LED’s for detector status; Blue +ve Safety LED
|Electrical output||4-20mA current sink or source (Auto-Sense or manual selection); warning and fault signals are configurable. NAMUR NE 43 compliant
RS-485 Modbus RTU
HART 7 over 4-20mA signal and via local I.S. test points (optional)
Alarm 1, Alarm 2, Fault
SPCO contacts rated 5A, 230Vac
Relay configuration options
Energised or de-energised
Latching or non-latching
Rising or falling
Configurable On and Off delays on alarm relays.
|Event logging||Records alarm, fault and maintenance events. Events can be viewed on-screen and downloaded to a PC.|
|Operating temperature||Transmitter only: -40°C to +75°C (-40°F to +167°F)†
Oxygen: (-20°C to +50°C ambient)
|Humidity||0 to 95% RH non-condensing†|
|Repeatability||+/- 2% FSD|
|Zero drift||+/- 2% FSD per year maximum|
|Response time||Sensor dependant: contact Crowcon for specific sensor data.|
|Approvals||ATEX and IECEx:
Ex II 2 G Ex db ia IIC T4 Gb (see above for temperature ranges)
|Performance||Designed for compliance with:
EN50104 (oxygen sensors)
EN45544 (toxic gas sensors)*
H2S performance standard
|Functional safety||IEC61508, EN50402 SIL 2|
FCC CFR47 Part 15B
† Note: sensor operating temperature and humidity limits vary widely.
* Features outstanding at the time of issue, contact Crowcon for details.
Gases and Ranges
|Oxygen (O2)||%Vol||30||25||19 (falling)||17 (falling)||-20 to +50|
|Ammonia||PPM||100/1000||50||25||35||-20 to +40|
|Carbon Monoxide (CO)||PPM||1000||250||30||200||-30 to +50|
|Hydrogen Fluoride (HF)||PPM||10||10||1.8||3||+5 to +40|
|Hydrogen Sulphide (H2S)||PPM||100/200||25||5||10||-30 to +50|
|High Temperature Hydrogen Sulphide (H2S)||PPM||100/200||25||5||10||-40 to +70|
|Ozone (O3)||PPM||1||1||0.1||0.2||-20 to +40|
|Sulphur Dioxide (SO2)||PPM||100||10||1||1||-30 to +50|
|Hydrogen (H2)||%LEL||100||100||20||40||-40 to +75|
|Methane (CH4)||%LEL||100||100||20||40||-40 to +75|
|Pentane (C5H12)||%LEL||100||100||20||40||-40 to +75|
|Propane (C3H8)||%LEL||100||100||20||40||-40 to +75|
|Ethanol (IR sensor)||%LEL||100||100||20||40||-20 to +55|
|LPG (IR sensor)||%LEL||100||100||20||40||-20 to +55|
|Methane (IR sensor)||%LEL||100||100||20||40||-20 to +55|
|Propane (IR sensor)||%LEL||100||100||20||40||+10 to + 55|