MSA Altair 2X Gas Detector, H2S-LC (5/10ppm), GLOW-IN-THE-DARK
The MSA ALTAIR 2X is available in various configurations and colours. This particular version detects low concentrations of hydrogen sulphide (H2S). It has a glow-in-the-dark casing and is ideal for low-light conditions.
Introducing the ALTAIR 2X Gas Detector from MSA; the first one or two gas detector that incorporates industry-leading XCell Sensor Technology to deliver unparalleled performance while drastically minimizing total cost of ownership, increasing durability and delivering enhanced worker safety, compliance and traceability.
The ALTAIR 2X is also the first portable gas detector to introduce revolutionary XCell Pulse Technology. Based on proven science and advanced patented sensor capabilities, the ALTAIR 2XP detector delivers the world's first stand-alone bump test. This allows a daily bump test to be performed without the need for calibration accessories or specific calibration gas.
ALTAIR 2XP Gas Detector – with xCell Pulse Technology
The ALTAIR 2XP gas detector provides a bump test that is so easy to follow, anyone can do it, from anywhere! The science behind this first-of-its-kind technology will change the face of portable gas detection as we know it. By combining pulse sensor interrogation with a simple flow check, we've created the first successful stand-alone bump test. PULSE sensor interrogation begins, exhale into the unit. And the result? You're BUMPED!
ALTAIR 2xT – Two-Tox Gas Detector
The ALTAIR 2XT Detector eliminates the need for a second detector by utilizing proven XCell Two-Tox Sensors. XCell Two-Tox Sensors detect two gases on distinct sensor channels with digital output that minimizes cross channel interference.
ALTAIR 2X – Single Gas Detector
MSA revolutionized gas detection with XCell Sensor Technology. By miniaturizing the sensors' controlling electronics and placing them inside the sensor itself using MSA's proprietary application-specific integrated circuit (ASIC) design, MSA XCell Sensors offer superior stability, accuracy, and sensor life.
Features & Benefits
Low cost of ownership
- Fastest sensor response times, lowest calibration gas flow rate on the market
- 4-year expected instrument & sensor life
- 3-year warranty on instrument & most sensors (2 years on Cl2, NH3)
- Stand-alone bump tests reduce maintenance, increase productivity (ALTAIR 2XP only)
- 1 device can monitor 2 gases (ALTAIR 2XT only)
Increased safety awareness & real-time compliance
- Stand-alone bump test anytime, anywhere without specific calibration gas (ALTAIR 2XP only)
- Bump pass: green LED flash every 15s, large on-screen checkmark
- Bump fail or expiration: red LED flash every 15s, no checkmark
- End-of-sensor-life warning and alarm
- Records 75 alarm events
- 150+ hours of periodic data (ALTAIR 2X and 2XP)
- 100+ hours of periodic data (ALTAIR 2XT)
- Compatible with MSA GALAXY® GX2 Automated Test System and MSA Link Pro software
- Tough over-molded rubber armor
- Survives multiple 25-ft drops onto concrete
- Agency-certified dust- and water-tight IP67 construction
- Intrinsically-safe design
- Chemical Processing
- Metals Processing
- General Industrial
- Fire Service
MSA ALTAIR® 2X Gas Detectors - Introduction